Transplant a mature tree
Chris says: When transplanting a tree from one location to another, be sure to:
- Give it a good water, with Seasol or similar organic fertiliser. This should be done at least a week before transplanting.
- Trim the roots back using a sharp implement.
- Prune back the leaves to reduce transpiration (water loss).
- Cut the remaining leaves in half to further reduce transpiration.
- Put it in good soil or potting mix, fertilise and water.
- Some shade is needed while the tree regrows.